Preparation of the conference : CENTRAL THEME
1. Historical of the National, Regional
and International Conferences
2. The Conference in Paris, 2000
Contacts have been engaged in order to obtain :
a) the sponsorship of the :
Ministry of National Education, Research and Technology
Ministry of Culture
Ministry of Youth and Sport
b) a Honorary Committee composed of personnalities representative of
solidarity actions of the former conferences :
c) a Support Committee gathering French personnalities and personnalities
Latin America, Asia, Australia, Canada and Europe.
Related with the current events, it will be presented later.
1. The school, place of life, in democracy and in security ; place of training of citizenship and responsability, from local to planetary.
2. The culture of peace and the international solidarity. Act for peace
and disarmament, the rights of peoples and minorities.
The role of states, of citizens, of associations, of international institutions.
3. The education for peace, the necessary component of the development of culture for peace.
4. The human rights and the social rights in the world today :
the right for the human being to peace and justice.
UNESCO, room II, Saturday 8. July 2000
morning : registration, reception of participants
afternoon : 15h, opening of theconference
proposals : personnalities
video on the theme "five continents,five educators ’’
18h, return to Marly-le-Roi.
thursday 13. July
morning : closing session of the conference
friday 14. July
A programme of the activities which will take place in Paris will be presented.
They all have been discussed and studied with representatives of the
of associations or authors of activities.
Concert by the Philharmonic orchestra of Rennes, at the UNESCO, at La
Popular dance organized, in Paris’square, by the pacifist movements (Mouvement de la Paix, Appel des Cents, Pax Christi, etc), july 13,
1. Implementation of two or three service centers
allowing exchanges, in particular for the preparation of the conference
2. installation of a market of the information during the conference, with Microsoft
3. Claude Yvans, musician- ideas man presents "a new form of spectacle and communication, project of collaboration between schools or sites already on the Web in order to give them the opportunity to testify on the themes of the conference". These exchanges could start in September 1999 and continue during the conference.